Air Force - Fees and Tuition
There are three options available for payment for Air Force students. The tuition rate is $200 per credit/SH.
Option 1: Tuition Assistance (TA) Authorization
Step1: Initial Counseling
All Airmen must complete initial counseling prior to requesting Tuition Assistance (TA) for the first time. Please contact an Education Guidance Counselor.
Step 2: Accessing the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) Account
- Login to the Air Force Portal
- Under “Force Development", click on Virtual Education Center.
- Click on “My Education Records” to view profile for accuracy.
- Enter your Supervisor's contact information.
- Contact Education Technician or Guidance Counselor if any corrections are needed.
Step 3: Apply for TA - Please note: According to ACC policy, airmen must wait to apply for tuition assistance until sixty days prior to the start of the class.
- Go to Self Service Options and click “Apply for Tuition Assistance."
- Identify Education Center and select an Educational Goal.
- Verify term dates and course titles.
- Verify your Supervisor's contact information.
- Verify and submit the TA Application.
Step 4: The TA Approval Process
- The Education Office will notify students via email of the TA Approval.
- To check approval, revisit the AFVEC to view your enrollments and print your Tuition Assistance.
- Electronically-authorized Tuition Assistance forms will be obtained by Coastline on behalf of airmen who register and receive TA approval before the registration/payment deadline.
- Command-approved Tuition Assistance Applications will still need to be sent via fax or e-mail in situations where Tuition Assistance will not be authorized by the registration/payment deadline.
- Once the TA has been approved, print it and submit it to Coastline using one of the methods listed below:
Option 2: Credit Card/Debit Card/Check/Money Order
Students paying their own tuition or who are authorized for less than 100% of tuition must submit the remaining balance by the registration/payment deadline.
Payment may be made by credit card in MyCCC. Check or money orders should be made payable to "Coastline Community College" and mailed to:
Coastline Community College
Attn: Military Programs
11460 Warner Avenue
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Option 3: GI Bill ®
In order to be certified to use GI Bill ® benefits, please contact Coastline's Veteran Certifying Official. Students are required to contact Coastline's Veteran Certifying Official each time a class is added or dropped.
- Veteran Certifying Official: Stephani Rogers
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (714) 241-6233
- Fax: (714) 241-6270
Late Payment Options
Tuition Assistance (TA) Application
- Students who have applied for Tuition Assistance but have not yet received their TA Authorization because of a delay in TA processing may submit a copy of their TA Application instead.
- Students who submit a TA application are required to submit their TA authorization by the Thursday before the start of classes or they will be dropped.
Payment Deferral Form
- Students who submit a Payment Deferral Form are required to submit their TA Authorization or other form of payment by the first Friday of classes.