GoArmyEd - Apply and Register
Step 1: Obtain an Unofficial Degree Plan (New Students)
If you have not enrolled with Coastline before and need assistance determining how your prior coursework and military training will fit into a Coastline degree, you can receive a free unofficial degree plan
Step 2: Create a GoArmyEd Account (New Students)
- Go to GoArmyEd.
- Select “Create/Activate Account” for student and complete the application.
- Select Submit Statement of Understanding (SOU), read and print. Obtain Commander’s signature and upload to eFile.
- Complete the Common Application.
- Select “Launch Quick Start Training”.
- Contact an Army Education Counselor to activate your GoArmyEd account.
Step 3: VIA and your Application (New Students)
VIA is a new tool, provided by GoArmyEd, to help a soldier find the best civilian career path suited to his or her current experience and future goals. All Soldiers eligible for TA will need to use VIA to select a career goal, degree plan, and home school before using TA benefits for the first time.
To get started with VIA, select the “Request TA Access” button in GoArmyEd. Upon completion, you will be prompted to select your Home School; allow two business days for an Army Education Counselor to approve access to TA. Selecting ‘Coastline Community College – Online’ will result in your common application being transmitted to Coastline. An acceptance letter will be emailed to you within 3-5 business days of completion.
Step 4: Register for Classes
Soldiers select from one of the following options to register in GAE:
Option 1: Continuing students can easily enroll by selecting their desired courses from their existing Course Planner (if applicable).
Option 2: If you meet one of the following criteria, then you do not need to enroll through the Course Planner smart link:
- Your chosen degree does not require a Course Planner (“Course Planner” link will not appear)
- You have completed fewer than 6 units with Coastline or 9 units elsewhere.
To enroll without a Course Planner:
- Log in to GoArmyEd
- Select “Request TA” Smart Link
- Enter "Coastline Community College-Online" as the school and the GoArmyEd Class Number.
- Follow system prompts.
- For further assistance with registration, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 5: Submit Payment
If you selected “Self Pay” in GoArmyEd, you are responsible for submitting payment directly to Coastline by the posted deadline (see Academic Calendar
). Please allow 3-4 business days for your enrollment to be processed with Coastline before submitting payment
Step 6: Order Textbooks
Step 7: Access your online course
To access your course go to canvas.cccd.edu or click the Canvas link in your MyCCC Portal or on our website. Use your MyCCC username and MyCCC password to login. See our video tutorial for more information about getting started in Canvas. To learn more about Canvas, you can explore the Canvas Student Guide.
Step 8: Obtain Student Agreement (Official SOC/Degree Plan)
This agreement is required upon completion of 6 credits/SH at Coastline or 9 semester hours paid by TA.
3 Steps to Receiving your Official SOC Agreement/Degree Plan:
- Enroll in a Coastline course
- Submit official military transcripts and CLEP, DSST, or ECE scores
- Submit official college transcripts from previous college(s) attended, if applicable
Once the steps above are complete, we will automatically generate your Student Agreement. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for it to be processed.
If you see a “Student Agreement hold” on your GoArmyEd Account, this indicates that you need to create and submit your Course Planner to finalize your Student Agreement.
Step 9: Create Course Planner in GAE
If you have selected one of the followings majors in GAE, you will not be required to create a Course Planner
- AA in Psychology
- AA in Social and Behavioral Sciences
- AA in Supervision and Management
- AS in Business: Business Administration
- AS in Health Care Management
If you have selected a major not listed above, after receiving your Student Agreement, you will need to create and submit a Course Planner
in the GoArmyEd portal. Your Course Planner will need to be reviewed and approved before you can register for any additional courses. Only courses listed on the Course Planner will be approved for TA.
Your course planner does not need to have all of the courses from your Student Agreement, but it should reflect 50% of the remaining credits/semester hours needed to graduate.