Associates Degrees and Certificates are not automatically awarded upon completion of requirements. It is the student’s responsibility to submit the online Graduation Application during the graduation filing period for the semester in which they are enrolled in their final course(s).
Graduation Filing Dates
Coastline provides three graduation filing periods each academic year—fall, spring, and summer. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for the dates. Applications for graduation are ONLY accepted during the open filing periods.
- Spring 2019 - January 28, 2019- April 7, 2019
- Summer 2019- June 10, 2019 - July 14, 2019
- Fall 2019 - August 26, 2019 - November 17, 2019
- Must have an Official Education Plan on file.
- Complete at least 12 credit/semester hours with Coastline to establish residency.
- Complete a minimum of 60 credit/semester hours of acceptable coursework from regionally accredited institutions.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) at Coastline and overall. Click here to calculate your GPA.
- Submit all OFFICIAL transcripts.
- Complete all major related coursework with a grade of C or higher.
- Complete 18 credit/semester hours in General Education (see below).
- English and Math courses must be passed with a C or higher.
Additional Associate Degrees
Students who already possess an associate degree may be awarded an additional degree upon completion of the following:
- All requirements of a major or area of emphasis in a different field of study. Coursework from the previous major may be applied towards the new major.
- Twelve additional units in residence at Coastline Community College after conferral of the previous degree.
- General Education units earned from a previous Associate degree may be applied toward subsequent Associate degrees. If there has been a break in enrollment from when the last degree was awarded, the student must complete the General Education requirements in effect at the time the student re-enrolls.
View courses that meet General Education requirements
Students should seek the advice of an authorized academic advisor before beginning any degree program. Feel free to reach the graduation department at (866) 422-2645 or (714) 241-6326 ext 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requesting Official Coastline Transcripts
Sailor/Marines - to have your degree posted to your JST, request for your official Coastline transcript to be sent to Joint Service Transcript (JST) Processing Office. Please note that your first two transcript requests are free; additional transcripts are $5 each.
ATTN: JST Operations Center N644
6490 Saufley Field Road
Pensacola, FL 32509Official electronic transcripts can be sent to email@example.com.
Commencement 2019The College's annual graduation ceremony will be held on Friday, May 31, 2019 at 4:00 pm. For more information, please visit: http://military.coastline.edu/news/details.cfm?newsID=107