Coastline Community College complies with the provisions of the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Buckley Amendment), which gives the student the right to see the official school record and restricts distribution of those records.

Lifetime transcripts of academic work completed at Coastline Community College will be maintained by the college and sent to any college or university upon written request from the student.

Requesting Official Transcripts from Coastline

The first two transcripts are free. A $5 fee  is charged for additional transcripts.


For questions regarding the status of your request, email

Submitting Official Transcripts to Coastline

Students who wish to have an Official Education Plan completed toward a degree at Coastline, or plan to graduate from Coastline, must mail all official college (from every college attended) and military transcripts to: 

Coastline Community College
Military/Contract Transcripts 
11460 Warner Avenue 
Fountain Valley, CA 92708

Official electronic transcripts may be submitted to Coastline by participating institutions. Please have the college send official transcript(s) directly to, with the intended recipient noted as Kimlan Nguyen, or Coastline Community College; transcripts sent from the student, or with the intended recipient as the student, will be considered unofficial.

Students can check the receipt of official college transcripts on their MyCCC unofficial transcript. Please allow 2-3 weeks from date of request for mailing and processing time.  For questions regarding incoming college transcripts, email

Official high school transcripts (for Math Competency purposes only) can be submitted to Coastline using the above methods. 

Submitting Military Transcripts to Coastline

Navy and Marine Corps
Active duty Sailors and Marines have access to and may request a copy of their Joint Service Transcript(JST).

According to the American Council on Education (ACE), a military transcript is a complete official record of  a Servicemember's military schooling/experience. ACE credits may be evaluated and applied to an associate’s degree at Coastline.
If you are unable to access your JST, a transcript can be created. Please call Navy College Center at 1-877-253-7122 for more information.

Soldiers can request an official Joint Service Transcript(JST):

Army National Guard
To obtain your Army National Guard Transcript

Coast Guard
To obtain your Coast Guard Institute Transcript

The Defense Manpower Documentation Center can provide the form DD 2586.

Unofficial Transcripts and Grades

Students can access their grades and unofficial transcripts from the MyCCC portal. Grades are posted approximately four to six weeks following the end of the course. Students will receive a personal announcement on their MyCCC Military/Corporate Home tab informing them that a grade has been posted.

Coastline reports grades to the respective military agencies. Upon graduation from Coastline, students are encouraged to order an official Coastline transcript for their respective military educational offices. (Pensacola for Navy, GoArmyEd portal for Soldiers, etc.)

Posting of College and Military Credits

College and military credit is applied to a student’s permanent record after an official degree plan has been completed and during the conferral process for graduation.

If you have sent new official college or military transcripts that have not been posted to your Coastline transcript, please submit the Request for Degree Progress Update Form, for the new coursework to post to your record.

Foreign Transcript Policy

Students will need to obtain a detailed, official evaluation of their foreign credits from one of the evaluations services listed on the NACES site.

Although agencies charge a fee for the service, the expense is usually much less than repeating the courses at an American institution of higher education. Coastline will accept the official evaluation and will count the credit/semester hours and/or degrees toward the student's educational program as appropriate.