Military Spouses Fees and Tuition
Effective Fall 2019, the tuition rate is $210 per credit/SH. To secure a document to submit to MyCAA Financial Assistance to fulfill eligibility requirements, please email email@example.com.
Coastline offers a tuition rate of $210 per credit/semester hour (SH) for our Spouse Program students enrolled in Military Program online classes.
MyCAA is for military spouses of active duty and activated Guard and Reserve service members of the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, and Navy at selected ranks. Qualified students may now receive up to $4,000.
Please visit the MyCAA Official Home Page for:
- Eligibility Questions
- Verification Processes
- Costs not covered by MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA)
Please review the MyCAA FAQs provided by the DOD, for more program information.
Military Spouse Career Advancement(MyCAA)
Creating a MyCAA account for first-time MyCAA participants
- Set up a Profile on MyCAA
- Review and digitally sign (by entering your user name and password) the MyCAA online Statement of Understanding (SOU) Terms and Conditions.
- Create an "Education and Training Plan" in your MyCAA account.
- Designate your intent to attend Coastline Community College.
- Submit a major-specific Degree Roadmap to MyCAA to demonstrate which classes you will take as part of your Education and Training Plan
- Request an official Coastline Academic Plan.
- Register at Coastline by following the "Steps to Register".
- Military One Source will notify you once your Education and Training Plan has been reviewed. When your plan is approved, you may apply for FA for specific courses 15-60 days prior to the course start date.
Applying for Financial Assistance (FA)
- Apply for Financial Assistance through MyCAA each session. FA Approvals are course-specific and session-specific.
- Students are not able to apply Financial Assistance until 60 days prior to the start of your courses.
- Obtain a copy of your Financial Assistance Approval by selecting the "Print FA" button next to the courses for which you have registered
- Forward a copy to Coastline prior to the close of registration. This is the spouse's responsibility each term. FA is paid directly to Coastline.
Spouses married to an active duty or activated Reserve Component (Guard or Reserve) Service member (e.g., your Military Sponsor) in pay grades E1 - E5, W1 - W2, and O1 - O2 in the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, or Navy are eligible to participate in MyCAA. If you have questions concerning your new or continued eligibility for the MyCAA program, please contact a Military OneSource Career/Education Consultant at 1-800-342-9647.
MyCAA will determine eligibility by pay grade within the DEERs system. If your sponsor has not registered you in DEERS or your personal information in DEERS is out-of-date, please contact DEERS at Toll-free: 1-800-538-9552; TTY/TTD: 1-866-363-2883. If you need assistance, contact your Military OneSource Career/Education Consultant (1-800-342-9647).
Yes, you need to demonstrate your eligibility for the Coastline Military Spouses Program. Additional information about eligibility for Coastline's Spouses Program may be found at the Eligibility Webpage military.coastline.edu/msp/page.cfm
No, the MyCAA legislation specifically excludes spouses who are members of the armed forces. You are not eligible if you are active duty, Guard, Reserve or Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR).
Yes, if you need a license, certification, credential, education, or training in order to seek or maintain employment or move up your career ladder, you are eligible for MyCAA Financial Assistance.
No, you still have to apply and register for the courses at Coastline.
Yes, Financial Assistance Approvals are course-specific and session-specific. You will need to apply for Financial Assistance (FA) each term that you register for courses. The FA must be forwarded to Coastline by the registration/ payment deadlines.
Yes, as long as you have not used the entire $4,000 and have not exhausted your fiscal year cap, you may continue to use MyCAA Financial Assistance.
Financial Assistance does NOT include the following: separate payments for books, supplies, or equipment (e.g., costs not directly incorporated into the billing for the block of study); computers; graduation fees; child care, student activity cards; application fees; transportation; parking; or medical services testing fees.